NC public offers opinions on proposed changes as Smokies consider backcountry …
News from The Republic:
We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)
CHEROKEE, N.C. — The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is considering charging for backcountry camping and hiring more rangers to manage what happens in the deep woods.
Park officials plan to hold open houses Tuesday in Cherokee and Thursday at the park’s headquarters in Gatlinburg, Tenn., to discuss proposed changes in how it manages backcountry camping. The changes would include shifting to online reservations, charging a camping fee, and hiring more rangers, the Asheville Citizen-Times reported Tuesday (http://bit.ly/rkGzgV ).
The 500,000-acre national park on the North Carolina-Tennesse border is one of the country’s most popular with more than nine million visitors…………… continues on The Republic
… Read the full article
Camping With the Colts, Day 14
News from Naptown’s Finest:
The Colts were off yesterday after getting their pony tails handed to them by the St. Louis Rams on Saturday night. The bad news is that camp is almost over, with just four days left at the Anderson compound. The worse news is that the Colts looked simply terrible on many fronts against the Rams. The good news is that the team gets back to work today. Here’s what to look for as camp wraps up:
- Dan Orlovsky will try to unseat Curtis Painter as Peyton Manning’s backup. Shouldn’t be too hard.
- The running back situation will need to be sorted out. Right now, it looks like Addai, Carter and Brown, and I think that Evans is making a push.
- Can Anthony Castonzo and Ben Ijalana make it all the way to the starting lineup by opening day? I wouldn’t be completely surprised.
- DE Jerry Hughes should be on a short leash after Saturday’s no-show. Could last year’s first-rounder actually be cut?
- LB Ernie Sims won’t be back this week, as he’s still recove…………… continues on Naptown’s Finest